Monday, August 28, 2006
Vinayaka Chaturti
We celebrated Vinayaka Chaturti in our own little way yesterday. Since it fell on a Sunday and S was in town, I decided to make Kozhukattai's as prasadam.
Since both of us like only the sweet versions, we decided to do just that.
I made the coconut and jaggery filling and the rice flour shell batter. Looking at the size of my kozhukattai's S commented that its too big and only the huge ganesh idols from mumbai can have them...I tried convincing him that they do make big ones too..Apparently he has seen only the small ones..
So he decided to do it himself :).....And he spent the whole morning making kutti..kutti...cuttie ones.
Back in india, I used to wake up early to help mom make kozhukattai's...sad that this time it fell on a sunday for folks in India..festivals on a sunday make you lose that one day off from work :(!!
Then I made some sundal while S got ready to do the pooja
Though the kozhukattai's weren't the best that the two of us have had before, I think it was good enough for a first timer like me.
Then we went to the temple in the evening...where for some reason they were singing all Shiva songs instead of vinayaka songs. (?!?)

It was a day well spent...except that I bleached S's thalai deepavali trousers by mistake :(....but it was so nice of S to not yell at me for doing that stupid thing .:)
 
so said Anu at 11:50 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: