Friday, August 18, 2006
Krishna Jayanti
It was Lord Krishna's birthday 2 days back..with busy hours at work and monitoring the construction of our own precious home where I cant think of hitting a nail (does everybody feel that way??) and laundry and cooking and groceries and so many other 'important' things to be completed I had almost forgotten how much fun this day used to be back in India..
Though I hadnt cooked anything special for Lord Krishna I was sure I wanted to go to the temple.
The dallas temple relaxes me and makes me feel peaceful.Today, it brought back so many fond memories of the past...
When I saw kids dressed as kutti Krishna, I remembered how my grand mom used to dress me up as Lord Krishna complete with the attire and flute in hand...I used to be a girl Krishna...and my cousin who dint get a chance to wear all the glitter was calledKrishna's brother to pacify him ....
On every Krishna Jayanti while making cheedais and all that exotic food mom told me the same story. Even though it was the same story I wanted to hear every year because it fascinated me.She would tell me how she used to dip my foot in the white rice batter used to make kolam (this is a south Indian version of drawing decorative patterns on the floor) and make me walk from the entrance to the Pooja room..This symbolises Lord Krishna walking into the house.
Though its not very hard for me to cry..all this nostalgia brought out tears ..S says I have taps right under my eyes which I could open at any given moment for no good reason :(

Memorable moments..so picturesque in my memory...am sure all of us have such wonderful moments intermixed in our busy lives where we dont have a moment to stop and think about all the small little things that make us smile and miss Home sweet Home...
 
so said Anu at 9:29 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: