Thursday, September 21, 2006
Its Raining..
Who doesn’t love rains? If you’ve spent most part of your life in hot places like Chennai, Pilani or Dallas I am sure you just can’t stop loving the rains.
I love it when it rains.
One constraint though,I don’t love it when it pours throughout the day and I cant step out and do fun things.
As much as I can associate rain with the smell of sand when the first drops fall, chill wind, paper boats, holidays, bunking school,slush, I can associate it with food, not just any kinda food…Hot home cooked food. (Yummmmy…)

I love the way a hot water bath felt especially on a rainy day.


I simply need hot food when it rains. On one such day Amma made tomato rice with alu curry..that’s the best that I’ve had to date…
Anna, Amma and me eating that awesome food I can still see that right in front of my eyes.. We would offer to help amma out totally in the kitchen and she would gladly make all that for us…

Those were great days when we were all together at one place..(Sigh..)

During BITS, I don’t remember it ever raining like crazy….but I remember numerous occasions when we would cycle out on our bikes and the whole place would look like new…the trees greener than usual, the flowers smiling at us..and all the wet buildings..wet roads….Pilani is such a beautiful place…

Now, whenever it rains in Dallas, though we don’t do it most of the times, I just imagine myself sitting on the patio with a glass of hot tea or hot chocolate with S by my side and gazing at the rain. This is so beautiful and picture perfect for me to imagine.
But most of the days we are at work and I settle for a cup of Hot Chocolate at my desk..
But if it rains on weekends, then I would make hot tea and cuddle up with S and we would really enjoy the lovely rains.
This weekend when it rained S’s mom made hot pakoras for us.. that was one divine rainy day.
 
so said Anu at 11:59 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: