Friday, September 15, 2006
Color TV
Does this make sense to anyone?Are we justified in doing this?
Did people really vote for this government for this?
In a state where Child Labor is still prevalent and is not 100 % literate. Where there is still unemployment, giving away color TV sets and allocating taxpayers money to do that..this really baffles me.
The news article states that the state government would spend about 750 crores of taxpayers money to give away 2500000 color television sets.
I strongly feel this is one of the worst that can be done.
You probably sell Rice at low prices…that was a good move , but not this one.
Why not open more schools, create more jobs and help people get out of the rut that they are in and aid them to buy the TV themselves?

You don’t always give food to someone who is hungry. You help them to find a job that will help them find food for themselves everyday.
That is what should have been done.
This is simply the worst that a chief minister who is an educationist himself can do to the state.
Is there any justification as to why this is done?
Why was it even a poll promise?
One more quote from the CM “We will create a situation where there will not be a single house in the state without color TV."

Why do we need a color TV in every single house? To watch all the crap that’s being televised. All those crying and conspiring women in serials…Wastrels…Useless movies…this is what occurs mostly on TV... There are hardly any good shows on TV that’s worth watching.

This is a sheer waste of power and money
No good can come from this.

I hope people don’t give in to these kind of freebies at least next time around.
Oh my god…. I feel and really wish I could do something about this, than just write about it. Maybe someday I will.

 
so said Anu at 5:57 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger rauf

    aiyoo ramchanderji, who is giving colour TV give me the address I go stand in the Q

    Color Tv is great, I want one i want to watch rajni dancing
    I love amma jaya dancing too, Have they both danced together ? but to watch Amma dance any B&W TV will do. I'll settle for B&W I love Amma

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Anu

    :)) they r giving away feel color tv's rauf..isnt this blatant atrocity